So I wrote a basic script to push this to the remote. This script is ~/bin/publish, it runs jekyll build and git push in my site’s sources. You can see the remote at github. I had though incremental was what I wanted, however experimenting showed there were issues when adding new content.
For those of you concerned about this sort of thing, I just made a path disclosure for both the local and remote, as well as a username disclosure. Now if you only had my private keys, you could change this site. For a static site, I’m fairly comfortable that there are limited consequences.
So I was thinking I’d like to add a hook to these files (maybe put it on “*.markdown” as it’s unlikely I’ll use those otherwise).
As a first step, I just call the shell-command now from
M-x publish, as I was getting a little tired of going to a terminal
to run and watch one command.